Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Days!

One of the perks of being a teacher is the fact that often, when the weather warrants, the schools are shut down. These unexpected holidays are a teacher's best friend. Many of my co-workers have midterm exams to correct this week, so a day off is a welcome surprise. These days often give us teachers the time to work on things during the day that we would often have to do, in the evening, on our own time.

I, on the other hand, am spending the day cooking, baking and cleaning. I have chicken in the CrockPot (such a godsend that appliance), have butter softening to bake chocolate chip (with Toblerone chunks) cookies, and have washed dishes, tidied my apartment, and swept the floor.

This is the second snow day this week for my school. There was one Monday as well. Unfortunately, I missed that one as I was in Corner Brook (2 hours away) for a medical appointment. I was completely surprised when the call came this morning. I honestly wasn't expecting it. The weather didn't look too bad when I woke up at 6:45am for my shower. However, not long after I got the call, the weather started. It became quite snowy very quickly, and the wind picked up.

Another benefit of the snow day: being able to go back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment