Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let's get this started

I am back in the-middle-of-nowhere, having spent the better part of two weeks in civilization.

Don't get me wrong, I don't completely loathe being here. I've met some wonderful people, I have a job I genuinely enjoy, and the scenery is beautiful.

That being said, there are things I don't enjoy. While St. John's is a small city when compared to Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa, or even Winnipeg, I do consider it to be civilization. It is the location of the only AVEDA salon/spa in the province, which happens to be my salon, and preferred spa. There is relatively decent shopping. The grocery stores are generally well-stocked, and have a large variety. It is also the only place in Newfoundland where there is a Starbucks (3, and soon to be 4).

Here's my dilemma: do I remain here where I have a permanent position, or do I try to obtain a job somewhere more civilized? As things stand at this moment, my job search this spring will be composed of two cities: St. John's and Vancouver. I either want to be closer to my family, or as far from them as I can possibly hope to be. If things don't work out for this coming September, I'll stick it out here, and hope that I can find something for 2012.

For now, I'll make do with my Tassimo, buy my groceries in Corner Brook when I can, and look forward to any possible trips back to civilization throughout the course of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment