Thursday, January 13, 2011

An interesting development

I received an email earlier this week regarding a position for a teacher of the blind in the Bahamas. I was intrigued. I contacted the person who sent the original email and asked for some information. The parents of the student provide housing, a salary, benefits.

It has the potential to be an amazing experience in my opinion. But do I want to pursue it?

I seriously doubt the salary would be even remotely close to what I make now, which is rather significant. Would I be able to cover my bills? What is the cost of living down there? All important things to ask.

I've been thinking a lot about it. I really think I need to look for something somewhere else for next September, for various reasons. However, do I really want to go to the Bahamas? Especially as I've never visited and don't know what I'd be getting myself into.

I think the best route may be to continue with what I'd planned - look for a job in Vancouver. I love the city, and I have friends there. There's a bit more to it than that, but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment