Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Love Productivity!

I had an extremely productive day today. I manage to take care of a number of things that I had been putting off for months.

Today was a snow day, and rightfully so. We had the worst storm of the winter last night. Lots of horizontal snow and high winds. When I looked out the window at 1am the snow was halfway up the driver's side doors of my car. When I looked again at 4am, it was down to the bare pavement. The wind had obviously changed direction, and at that point the rest of the driveway was drifted in.

It took me a while to get out this morning. I waited until the driveway had been shoveled before I headed into the office. There was no one else at the school when I arrived. It was blissful. I was able to leave my office door open to work (a rarity for me). All those tedious paperwork tasks that I hate to complete on my own time are now done, and I'm even a little ahead. I have the sub plans done for the two days I'm away next week. When I'm at work tomorrow, I'll put together the folders for my sub for those days with all the worksheets, etc. that she will need while I'm gone. I organized my school tote, and have everything from each of my two half-time positions separated. The tote will be used solely for my special education position, while my vision teacher materials will all go into my lovely black leather briefcase.

My schedule for the month is complete and has been sent to those who need it. I'm caught up on emails. I have some copying and faxing to do, but that can wait until tomorrow.

All in all, I feel very accomplished.

Even if I wasn't able to sleep in and enjoy the day in my own way.


No comments:

Post a Comment