Friday, February 18, 2011

Summertime

I miss home.

I miss summer.

This particular photo was taken during the summer of 2008, from behind my parents' summer home. I love the colours... the reflection of the sky in the water... and just how tranquil everything appears.

My parents' summer home is one of my favourite places in the world. It's a place to go to get away from everything. For the longest time, we didn't even have a phone. Unfortunately, that changed a couple years ago. However, so few people have the number, it's still peaceful. It's about a 90 minute drive from my parents' house, and about a 30 minute drive to any semblance of true civilization. Most of my time spent there is spent relaxing, usually with a book, and often with a cold beverage.

Last summer, for various reasons, I didn't get to spend any time there. However, I plan to rectify that issue this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment